Direct Dial: 973.243.6024 email@example.com
Stewart M. Leviss, Partner
American University, Washington College of Law, J.D. , Senior staff member, Administrative Law Journal
Tufts University, B.A.
Rated as AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
Selected for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers (2005-2018)
Rated by Avvo
Stewart Leviss, a member of the Litigation practice, is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney. In his 20 years as a litigator, Stewart has achieved successful results for his clients in the state and federal courts. He has litigated a wide variety of claims, including professional malpractice, product defect and personal injury lawsuits, business torts and commercial litigation, and employment litigation (including sexual harassment and discrimination claims), as well as actions brought in the chancery courts.
Among his notable successes have been:
- $1.95 million recovery for a client who required kidney transplant because of a delayed diagnosis of renal disease
- $1.4 million recovery for a worker who suffered arm injuries caused by a conveyor belt on an industrial food preparation machine
- $900,000 recovery for the failure of an emergency room doctor to timely recognize and treat an elderly patient’s internal bleeding, which resulted in death
- $1.85 million recovery to a truck driver injured by a negligent forklift driver unloading the truck cargo
- $700,000 recovery to the estate of a patient who suffered a fatal heart attack during medical testing to diagnose his heart condition
- $1.3 million recovery to the estate of a hospital patient whose death occurred when necessary medical equipment was broken
Stewart also has trial verdicts and settlements, ranging from the tens of thousands to many hundreds of thousands of dollars, for victims of slippery floors, sidewalks and parking lots; students bullied at schools run by negligent school administrators; people injured in car accidents; victims of abuse by members of religious clergy; and people injured when others fail to follow the rules of safety.
Having both prosecuted and defended lawsuits in the trial courts, Stewart has a unique perspective, giving him the ability to develop an effective strategy for his clients, whether through litigation or other means of dispute resolution.
After graduating from law school, Stewart served as a Judicial Intern with the Honorable Richard A. Levie of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.
Recognized for integrity by the New Jersey Office of Attorney Ethics, Stewart has been Chairman of the District VB Ethics Committee and a member of the District V Fee Arbitration Committee.
“Superlawyers” and “Rising Stars” are accolades conferred by Thomson Reuters. For the comparison standards employed by the various lawyer rating companies, please visit superlawyers.com, bestlawyers.com, avvo.com or martindale.com.