Evan Silagi, Counsel
United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude
Rutgers College, B.A.
Selected as a New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2018 – 2021
Evan practices within the firm’s Employment Litigation and Counseling group where he concentrates on representing clients involved in workplace disputes. In addition to employment matters, Evan represents clients across a broad range of Litigation matters encompassing commercial and intellectual property disputes, trusts and estates litigation and personal injury.
Evan is a knowledgeable and sophisticated advocate for his clients. He regularly appears in state and federal courts, arbitrations and administrative hearings involving wrongful termination, discrimination, reasonable accommodation, harassment, retaliation, breach of contract and similar issues. In this capacity, Evan has played a key role in obtaining high-profile jury verdicts and numerous favorable settlements for the firm’s clients, including the following representative successes:
• $8.45 million trial verdict against Hudson Country for victim of disability discrimination.
• $782,000 negotiated severance payment for a senior executive of a major corporation.
• $750,000 recovery for victims of gender discrimination and sexual harassment by dental practice.
• $650,000 recovery for terminated executives of limousine company.
• $300,000 recovery for victim of retaliation and discrimination by major pharmaceutical company.
• $300,000 recovery for nurse terminated when reasonable accommodations were available.
• $280,000 recovery in whistleblower and retaliation case against a car dealership.
• $255,000 recovery for pregnancy leave retaliation claim.
• $250,000 recovery for unpaid commissions to outside salesperson.
Evan is active in the employment bar as a member of the New Jersey Chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association. Prior to joining the firm, Evan was a recipient of an Equal Justice Fellowship, during which time he worked in the Office of the General Counsel at a major international labor union.
During law school at Georgetown University Law Center, Evan distinguished himself scholastically, graduating with honors, and was a senior member of the Tax Lawyer, an American Bar Association publication. Evan served as an intern for the Honorable Michael B. Kaplan in the United States Bankruptcy Court, District of New Jersey.