Pamela Kapsimalis, Counsel
Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D.
Middlebury College, B.A.
Pamela Kapsimalis has expertise in transactional matters, concentrating in corporate, commercial real estate, commercial lending, leasing, franchising and general business matters. She has extensive experience in representing companies of all sizes, including retailers, not-for-profits and for-profit entities, restaurants, manufacturers, wholesalers, warehouses, and boutique exercise brands, from the inception of the business transaction through the management and/or sale or dissolution of business operations.
Prior to joining Berkowitz, Lichtstein, Kuritsky, Giasullo & Gross, LLC, Ms. Kapsimalis was a Principal and Chair of the Business Law Department of a large New Jersey firm. Pam served as outside general counsel to middle market companies negotiating and managing commercial transactions including purchases and sales of companies, counseling various franchises and other companies on purchasing, leasing and expanding their business model, including national restaurants, wedding platforms, exercise brands, beauty and fashion, technology and service industries.
Pam has also served as General Counsel to a national and international storage and shipping company, having coordinated all aspects of legal operations, including governance, human resources, operations and logistics, managing outside counsel in complex employment litigation matters, including non-competition, solicitation, discrimination and equal pay issues, developing processes for warehouse risk management, including warehouse lien mitigation and auction guidelines, and managing leases, including environmental, finance, permitting and title issues.
Pam is passionate about working with not-for-profit companies, both on a volunteer basis and as outside general counsel. She is active in the community and is an Emeritus Trustee for Kent Place School and the Summit Speech School. During her tenure as a Trustee for Kent Place School, she served as Head of the Development Committee and on the Executive Committee supporting the school’s $30 million capital campaign. She also served as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Summit Speech School and served on its Development Committee.
- “Mental Safety in the Workplace,” Morris County Chamber of Commerce, Human Resources & Talent Committee, 9/13/22
- “Hot Topics In Employment,” Morris County Chamber of Commerce, Human Resources & Talent Committee, 3/08/2022
- “Are DEI Initiatives Working? How to Ensure That Yours Are,” Morris County Chamber of Commerce, Human Resources & Talent Committee, 2/08/2022
- Morris County Economic Development Corporation’s 10th Annual Business Growth Forum, 1/19/2021
- “Getting To Clarify: 25 Tips for Drafting Better Agreements” NBI Seminar, 12/15/2020
- “How to Design Your Return to Work Plan – From Employees to Floor Plan to Business Operations,” Morris County Chamber of Commerce, Human Resources & Talent Committee, 7/08/2022
- “How to Design Your Return to Work Plan – From Employees to Floor Plan to Business Operations,” MorphMom Webinar, 6/10/2020
- “PPP & SBA Loan Updates: What You Need to Know”, Northeast Pool and Spa Association, 4/22/2020
- “What are Relief Options for Your Business During COVID-19”, Sotheby’s, 4/16/2020
- “Business As (Un)Usual-Pivoting Your Business During Uncertain Times Part II,” Morphmom Webinar, 4/15/2020
- “NJ Business and Employment Issues During COVID-19: What Business Leaders Must Know,” NJMEP Webinar, 4/13/2020
- “NJ Business and Employment Issues During COVID-19: What CEOs Business Leaders Must Know,” Young President’s Organization – NJ Chapter Webinar, 4/09/2020
- “Business As (Un)Usual-Pivoting Your Business During Uncertain Times: Part I,” Morphmom Webinar, 4/01/2020
- “Branding, Marketing and Franchising”, Greek American Chamber of Commerce, 1/09/2020
- Morris County Chamber of Commerce, Business Growth Forum, 9/25/2019
- Franchising Update: Setting Up for Success in 2021, 5/24/2021
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan Update, 10/26/2020
- Paycheck Protection Program Update, 8/13/2020
- Three Phases Plan for Returning to the Workplace, 7/21/2020
- Making Sense of COVID-19: What Small Business Owners Need to Know, 7/14/2020
- Restaurant Litigation – Is This a Trend, 6/18/2020
- COVID-19 CARES Act Updates – Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act (PPPFA) 6/8/2020
- Main Street Lending Program – A New Option for Companies with More Than 500 Employees, 4/21/2020
- COVID-19: How to Pivot Your Business and Prepare for The Next 6 Months-A 5-Part Series, 4/20/2020
- New Jersey Executive Order 123 Provides Grace Period for Insurance Premium Payments, 4/16/2020
- SBA Payment Protection Program Loans – Use of Proceeds and Loan Forgiveness, 4/02/2020
- SBA – Paycheck Protection Program Guidance, 4/02/2020
- Paycheck Protection Program Application Process, 4/02/2020
- 5 Tips for Managing Business and Legal Risk for Manufacturers and Supply Chains during the COVID-19 Pandemic, 3/20/2020
- The Legal Impact of the Coronavirus on Your Business, 3/10/2020